At the heart of the Sainte Victoire Nature Parc: visit the tranquil quarry where Cezanne painted 11 oil paintings and 16 watercolors. Take a historical stroll along a built-up pathway, among a geological and botanical site: discover the yellow-ochre boulders scattered in wild vegetation. The quarry has been exploited until the 18th century to build Aix-en-Provence town
. Walk until the lookout point with a southern view to have a pause at Cézanne old provençal stone house where he used to store his paintings and material. Using replicas of works by Cezanne, we will locate the exact places where he painted the subjects.
Please notice that car park is limited, be sure to get there in advance.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION :
- Language : English & French
- Depart from the Bibemus parking (near the gate), 15 mn before departure. 9:30 am during low season, and 6 pm in high season
- Important : Please notice the Bibemus parking is small, come in advance to be sure to find a place.
- Duration 2h
- Adult : 19€
- Child from 7 to 12s : 12€
- Family (2 adults + 2 child 7-12s) : 49€
- Free under 7s
- -10% with city pass
CAUTION : This visit can be cancelled in case of closure for forest fire prevention and when shuttle service is not operating : From June to September, the Bibemus quarries site is subject to restrictive regulations.
Access to the daily schedule visiting the website there, (view Sainte-Victoire et Concors) from 6pm only.
- No pets allowed
- Tested by our advisory team
- Duration :
- Visit language :
- Time of day :
- in the afternoon
- in the morning
- Means of transport :
- Number of participants :
- Guaranteed departure from 1 person
- Type of activity :
- Guided tour
- To take with you :
- Shoes suitable for the activity
- Water bottle
- Hat or cap in summer
- Other information :
- Tested by our travel advisors
- No pets allowed
- Important information :
- Subject to forest opening regulations (fire risks)
- Access :
- place accessible only with one's own vehicle