Excursion : Arles, St RÃ©my and Les Baux de Provence - op6
Meet your English Speaking Driver/Guide who is a local Expert of the Provence. Then, board your comfortable, air conditioned Mercedes minivan and begin to make your way to explore 3 gems on this full day tour :
â Arles, listed by Unesco as a World Heritage Site because of the number of Roman monuments
â The village of Saint-Rémy de Provence, where Van Gogh lived for a year
â The village of Les Baux de Provence, an outstanding medieval village.
All our vehicles are equipped with an on board P/A system which means that everyone will hear the guide's commentary during driving time, even if you are seated in the back of the van!
Discover the Historic city of Arles, a fortified town listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Participate in a walking tour of the historic center to visit the most emblematic monuments of the town including the Amphitheater, the Antique Theater or Saint Trophime church.
On the Footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh : During his stay in Arles between February 1888 and May 1889, Vincent Van Gogh executed about 300 paintings and drawings. The places in the city where the artist set up his easel are marked with panels representing his paintings.
Arrive in Saint Remy de Provence, one of the prettiest villages of the area. The village is known to be a summer hot spot for chic Parisians, yet it is still possible to find some quiet areas within the village, as there are many small squares scattered all over. After the visit, free time for personal discovery and lunch. For your information, there is a beautiful Provence Market on Wednesdays.
Les Baux de Provence : Drive to the Alpilles mountain region that is famous for its vineyards and olive trees. Reach the medieval hilltop village of les Baux-de-Provence built on a rocky spur and from where you will have a breathtaking view of the surrounding Provence Countryside.
Enjoy some free time to stroll and explore the narrow streets, Art galleries and the remains of a 10th century fortress. After the visit of Les Baux de Provence village, we will return to Aix en Provence and that will be the end of our services.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION :
- Commented excursion english
- Guaranteed departure from 2 people
- Departure tourist office 9 am
- Duration : 8h
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Not suitable for persons with reduced mobility
- âVisit Les Baux de Provence, Arles and St Rémy villages
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Travel in premium A/C vehicle
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees unless mentioned
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Gratuities for the driver/guide
Pets are forbidden.
- Adult : 150€
- Child 4 to 12s : 100€
- No pets allowed
- Tested by our advisory team
- Age :
- From 4 ans
- Included in the offer :
- Tasting of local products
- Photo stop for souvenirs
- Duration :
- by the day 8h
- Visit language :
- Means of transport :
- by air-conditioned mini-bus
- Number of participants :
- Maximum 8 people
- Guaranteed departure from 2 persons
- Type of activity :
- To take with you :
- Water bottle
- Hat or cap in summer
- Other information :
- Tested by our travel advisors
- Refundable 48 hours before departure
- No pets allowed
- Important information :
- Present yourself 5 minutes before the start
- Access :
- from the Aix-en-Provence Tourist Office