Cezanne hiking : From Le Tholonet to the Bibemus quarries
Starting at Tholonet village, the walk starts inside the Regional Parc Roques Hautes until Bibémus plateau: a stunning contrast: red-ochre mud and stones, dark green pine forest and light blue sky. Get to know the vegetation of Provence called "garrigue", through the eyes of the painter. "Feel its geological power and its rocky vitality" as Cezanne liked to say.
Once on the plateau, come and see Cezanne's provencal old stone house in the middle of Bibémus quarry and examine some of his paintings as replicas. Walk back along the natural balconies with a panoramic view of Sainte-Victoire mountain range. In this painter's palette, where time has brilliantly shaped this breathtaking landscape.
Hike average level. Climbs & descents :+/- 200m
PRACTICAL INFORMATION :
- Language : English & French
- Depart 9 am low season, and 6 pm high season
- Entrance of the Bibemus quarries included.
- Needed : walking shoes, picnic and water.
- Depart from the castle of Le Tholonet (3099 Route Cezanne)
- Duration 3h30
- Adult : 19€
- Child 7 to 12s : 12€
- Family (2 adults + 2 childs 7to 12s) : 49€
- Free for child under 7s
- -10% for the city pass owner
CAUTION : This visit can be cancelled in case of closure for forest fire prevention and when shuttle service is not operating : From June to September, the Sainte Victoire mountain site is subject to restrictive regulations.
Access to the daily schedule visiting the website there, (view Sainte-Victoire et Concors) from 6pm only.
- No pets allowed
- Tested by our advisory team
- Duration :
- Visit language :
- Time of day :
- in the afternoon
- in the morning
- Means of transport :
- Number of participants :
- Guaranteed departure from 1 person
- Type of activity :
- To take with you :
- Shoes suitable for the activity
- Water bottle
- Hat or cap in summer
- Other information :
- Tested by our travel advisors
- No pets allowed
- Important information :
- Subject to forest opening regulations (fire risks)
- In the event of bad weather, the provider reserves the right to postpone or cancel the tour
- Access :
- place accessible only with one's own vehicle