Experience a half-day getaway around Aix-en-Provence, discovery the Bibemus quarries, this 7-hectarse rocky plateau with a striking ochre colour inspired the painting of Paul Cezanne and gave birth to many world-famous works, including “Le Rocher Rouge”, painted between 1895 and 1904.
You will be struck by the architecture and the exceptional setting of the place along a course laid out in the shade of tall pines, around the Cabanon de Cezanne, where the artist stored his works.
The guided tour will continue with the discovery of the “Terrain des Peintres”, facing the Sainte-Victoire Mountain. It is in this green setting on the heights of Aix-en-Provence that the artist painted his most famous paintings. As you walk through this open-air museum, you can admire several reproductions of paintings representing Sainte Victoire.
Between anecdotes from our passionate tour guide and the discovery of an exceptional cultural and historical heritage, you will experience a moment of conviviality and sharing with family or friends, at the bend of the most beautiful roads in Provence crisscrossed by our comfortable panoramic minibus !
- Depart in front of the tourist office at 9:30 am on wednesday and 4 pm on saturday.
- Guaranteed departure from 2 people
- Guided tour french & english in Bibemus and Terrain des peintres
- Duration : around 4h
- Adult : 40€
- Reduced : 35€ (students with card, disabled people)
- Child 4-12s : 30€
- Child 0-3 ans : Free
- Family 2 adults / 2 children (4-12s) : 120€
- Type of activity :
- Means of transport :
- by cabriolet mini-bus
- Duration :
- Time of day :
- in the morning
- in the afternoon
- Number of participants :
- Guaranteed departure from 2 persons
- Visit language :
- Included in the offer :
- Photo stop for souvenirs
- Entrance to tourist sites
- To take with you :
- Shoes suitable for the activity
- Water bottle
- Hat or cap in summer
- Important information :
- Subject to forest opening regulations (fire risks)
- In the event of bad weather, the provider reserves the right to postpone or cancel the tour
- Present yourself 5 minutes before the start
- Other information :
- Tested by our travel advisors
- Refundable 48 hours before departure
- No pets allowed
- Access :
- from the Aix-en-Provence Tourist Office