Pointillisme: Provence : From november 11th, 2022 until until january, 22th, 2023.
Inaugurated in 1976, the architectonic center of Aix-en-Provence reflects the essence of Vasarely’s mission. Designed as a place of exchange, experiments and new encounters, this multi-disciplinary “laboratory” would bring together plastic arts, architecture, new technologies, chemistry, and other disciplines. The ““polychromatic city of happiness” was born.
Designed by Vasarely in collaboration with architects Jean Sonnier, Dominique Ronsseray and Claude Pradel-Lebar, the 5,000 sq. meter building is an example of the very same urban design which the Foundation seeks to promote.
Sixteen hexagon-based modules are embedded in a gigantic building using technology and materials endorsed by modern art movements. The honeycomb structure presents various models of the integration of plastic arts and architecture, using optical art as its common ground.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION :
- Self visit with free booklets in english german, spanish, dutch, italian, hungarian, swedish, chinese, portuguese, & greec.
- Open every day from 10 am to 6 pm
- Duration : 1 to 2h
- Access to temporary exhibits included.
Pets are forbidden.
- Adult : 15€
- Student under 26s, senior (+65s) : 12€
- Child 10-15s : 8€
- Child 5-9s : 5€
- Family rate (2 adults + 3 child under 15s) : 40€
- Aix en Provence City Pass : 3€
- Free for child under 5s
- Accessibility of the service to disabled people :
- Duration :
- Time of day :
- in the afternoon
- in the morning
- Means of transport :
- Type of activity :
- Audioguide - language(s) available :
- Other information :
- Tested by our travel advisors
- No pets allowed
- On site :
- Audioguide available
- Car park
- Bus park
- Souvenir shop
- Access :
- appointment directly with the service provider
- accessible by public transport