From november 8th to March 24th 2019 (from 10 am to 6pm, last entrance 30mn before closing)
As of 8 November 2019, the Hôtel de Caumont Art Centre will be holding an exhibition of Japanese costumes and culture dating from the Edo era (1600-1867); the exhibition will include 150 ukiyo-e prints and other remarkable objects that will be presented to the French public for the very first time. Most of the works are from the Georges Leskowicz Collection, which is one of the largest of its kind in the world.
In addition to ancient manuscripts and objects, the Georges Leskowicz Collection currently comprises 1,800 ukiyo-e prints, executed by the great masters Harunobu, Utamaro, Sharaku, Hokusai, and Hiroshige, including masterpieces such as Hokusai’s ‘Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji’ (1832–1833), ‘The Sixty-Nine Stations of the Kiso Kaidō’ by Hiroshige and Eisen, as well as an ensemble—which is unique in France—of Surimono woodblock prints, which will constitute the core of the exhibition.
A showcase for masterpieces • The last exhibition room presents three emblematic prints that are displayed one after the other in this section.
- The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai: from 8 to 21 november / from 3 to 22 March
- Light Rain at the Peak of Mount Fuji by Hokusai : from 22 November to 15 January
- Sudden Shower Over ShinOhashi Bridge and Atake by Hiroshige : from 16 January to 7 March
PRACTICAL INFORMATION :
The visit includes :
- The great Masters of Japan exhibition
- The 18th century salons whose refined decorations recreate the atmosphere and aesthetics characteristic of this period.
- The gardens invite the visitor to enjoy the tranquility of a walk in the shade of the cypresses and the coolness of the fountains.
- The film "Cezanne au pays d’Aix" is projected continuously in the Auditorium (subtitled in english)
- Open every day from 10 am to 6 pm
- Duration : 1h to 2h
Pets are forbidden.
- Adult : 14€ / 14,50€ from january 1st, 2020.
- Senior (over 65 years) : 13€ / 13,50€ from january 1st, 2020.
- Reduced (student, Aix en Provence City Pass , disabled people) : 11€ / 11,50€ from january 1st, 2020.
- 7 to 25 years old : 9.50€ / 10€ from january 1st, 2020.
- Free for child under 7s
- Audioguide : 3€